Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Improv

I attend a bi-month drop in improv group when opportunity permits. Opportunity meaning I am not involved with a higher priority acting event such as being on set. Oh, I also participate. Yes, there are those that regularly come and never participate. Granted, two or three might just be providing rides, but...

Not really a format to get noticed, so why do I do it? It is an opportunity to keep my acting skills honed. And, let's face facts, CD's and the other powers that be like seeing "improv" on the ol' resume. Most importantly, I enjoy it.

Has it helped me. I think so. How? Putting in that performance time has helped me to relax and be in the moment. Booked as a result? Possibly, but it is impossible to know. Definitely would have moved me up the consideration list assuming no non-acting issues.

No comments: