Thursday, November 24, 2011

Being Thankful

Here are a few of the many things I am thankful for:

  1. I can belittle other posters on message boards with negative comments and make broad generalizations.
  2. I can wait for my agent to call (email - whatever) instead of looking for work to submit to.
  3. I can make crap, in every sense of the word, and post it online.
  4. I can gripe about how much my family time takes away from my acting time.
  5. I can sit on my butt and complain about how I never achieve anything...except, perhaps, a bigger butt.
  6. I can stick pins in a Voodoo doll, or put a hex on, or whatever a person because they, oh, got picked instead of me.
  7. I can search for fault in things with the same intensity with which Sherlock Holmes would search for a clue.
  8. I can be abusive to my body. After all, all types are needed in this business.
  9. I can speak ill of other people.
  10. I can get bent out of shape when things don't go according to my plan.
Of course, instead, I could...
  1. post comments which are more positive and hopefully helpful while avoiding making everyone in a given demographic a negative characteristic.
  2. look for opportunities.
  3. make things of good quality.
  4. appreciate how much my family loves me and what they add to my life.
  5. get off my butt and actually work at achieving something.
  6. sincerely congratulate others on their successes. Perhaps even promote them.
  7. find the positive in life. Even the trials.
  8. take care of myself. After all, there's not much need for medically unfit actors. Even if the character is.
  9. speak well of others, or, at least, hold my tongue.
  10. be flexible.

1 comment:

buddy2blogger said...

Very Happy to meet a fellow Sherlockian :)

I am a lifelong fan of Sherlock Holmes as well.

Cheers!