Monday, November 8, 2010

Moving my career to the next level

What to do when your acting career hits a plateau? Can't answer for you, but I take action to move up to the next plateau. After all, isn't progressing moving up to higher plateaus?

OK, OK...On to the answer. Reaching my next step includes:

  1. Develop a reel.
  2. Establish a Facebook account.
  3. Research local industry and market myself to them.
  4. Develop skills and take classes to improve my talent.
  5. Write a biography.
  6. Keep up to date on the industry.
  7. Get a business license - make my acting career legally official.
  8. Determine my type and get new headshots.
  9. Earn my SAG card.

Yes, that's right. The next step is taking a more career orientated approach to acting. Started into this acting stuff with career in mind. Time to be more serious about moving from just above hobby level to serious career level. It's what I pray for, hope for. Well, I believe God answers prayers by giving you opportunities to take action and dreams are not fulfilled by the wave of a magic wand.

No comments: